These are some of the rules I have learned to follow when it comes to adultery:
- Married men have the same to lose, so they tend to make better long-term lovers.
- Sensual stimulation is important, so dress and smell the part. A lover should represent the things they don’t get at home.
- Never ask for anything. Pressure puts strain on an affair.
- It is helpful to have separate ‘activities’ to your spouse, such as evening classes, friends, work. It will help with your cover stories.
- Get good at compartmentalising. See your affairs as completely separate to your marriage.
- Don’t feel guilty. If you do, then you’re not cut out for it.